It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

D&C 18:15


I generally scan The Church News to see if I know any of the newly called church leaders from the country of Venezuela. Once in a while I will recognize a name. Sometimes, I will browse the church directory of organizations and leaders to see whether I recognize any names. Sunday, I had a name catch my eye: David Alberto Godoy Ramirez.

36 years ago my companion and I taught this young family.


Sunday, I sent this message on Facebook:

RE: Rafael Antonio Godoy & Luisa Elena Ramirez de Godoy

I saw your name in the Church directory of Leaders.

Forgive me, for my Spanish is very poor so I am writing to you in English. It has been many years since I have used Spanish fluently. I served a mission in Venezuela (1972-1974). During that time I served for 11 months in Maracaibo.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Lance D. Walker from Orem, Utah. I believe that my companion (David G. Pope, Jr.) and myself taught your parents the missionary discussions.

We baptized and confirmed them on 08 March 1974. They were a young family about our age and they had a seven month old baby boy named David. I am wondering if that is you.


Nothing on Monday, but today I received the following:

My name is David Alberto Godoy Ramirez, i live in maracaibo, my father is Rafael Antonio Godoy and my mother luisa elena ramirez duarte, i was born ago (Augusto) 4th, 1973. With tears in my eyes and answer you that the baby in the picture is me, and thanks for sending that picture. I stusied 4 years in seminary, went to a mission at age 19, got married at 22, was father at 23, since that i`ve been member of stake high council (3 years), second counselor in stake presidency(4 years) and bishop (almost 6 years and counting). My mother passed away about 15 years ago, and my father in living in utah with his wife, and my 3 brother lives there with their families. my email is xxxxxxxxx, please use it. my phone number is xxxxxxxxx, im an industrial engeener.

Thanks for writing

David Godoy


1 comment:

Megs said...

w-o-w. how great shall be your joy, indeed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails