It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Where's George?


I just found a cool website: Where's George?

Where's George? is a website that tracks the natural geographic circulation of American paper money. It has grown sufficiently popular that it has led to the establishment of a number of other currency tracking websites, as well as sites that track other objects, such as used books.

When cs and I first met (and I had excess cash), I used to put my initials on the dollar bills that I had. She asked me why. I said that I wanted to see if I ever got any of them back — never did. Needless to say, it was one of my endearing quirks that fascinated her…and that she thought she could cure after we were married. Instead, she used it to her advantage by encouraging me to spend my money…on her…with the theory that the sooner I put the money into circulation, the sooner it would have the chance of returning back to me. Where's George? will make life so much easier and simpler!

So, be on the lookout for B44974113D.

Ways that Where's George? Bills can be identified.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In this day and age, too many people think of the term cold hard cash as dirty words. It appears that we live in a plastic society where everything is being paid with credit cards and even that is being supplanted with pay online. People just don’t get the feel of running the bills or coins through their palms and fingers.

You don’t know how much it warmed my heart to see a numismatist amongst your clan! (However, why anyone would want to collect the South Dakota quarter is beyond me.) I’m afraid that without coin collectors like this, our coinage would go the way of the typewriter and the two dollar bill.

PS: I’m absolutely fascinated with the Asstap. Does it come in a hybrid version? You may be on to something. I’ll pass it on to Mary (Mary E. Peters, Secretary of Transportation) who can pass in on to Chrysler. It may help bring them out of the pickle that they find themselves in.

Sincerely,
Henry M. Paulson, Jr.
Secretary of the Treasury

Related Posts with Thumbnails