It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Friday, August 14, 2009

Chasing my demons


Prospero:
Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

The Tempest Act 4, scene 1, 148–158

Last night, I was dreaming that cs and I were in the car starting to make-out (remember that I did mention that I was dreaming) when suddenly a guy reached in from the back window and starting pulling me out. I was struggling to get away and trying to yell for help.

It was one of those instances where my vocal chords were frozen and no sound was coming out. I was yelling and yelling for help. (I'm sure that you've all had different variations of this theme…trying to run away to get help or out of danger, but your legs feel like they are in cement and won’t move or you scream and scream and yet no sound will emit. Going to school, church, work, etc. in nothing but your underwear…whoops, wrong analogy.)

Panic started to set in and there I was struggling for my life when it happened…I mustered up all of my forces and yelled out at the top of my lungs…and the sound came out! The scream woke me up from my dream at 3:25 a.m. I looked over to see if it startled cs when I yelled out — nope, not a stir — she was in her REM zone – still fantasizing. I went back to sleep.

When I woke up, I found a fresh fingernail scrape on the inside of my right elbow. How did that get there?


As I start to relate my night of terror to cs. Her response, Just tell me…this making out part, were we old or were we young?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails