It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Over or under?


I saw a poll on TV today asking for your vote as to whether you were an “over” or “under” type person when it came to how you installed/preferred your toilet paper on the dispenser. “Over” meaning that the paper dispenses from the top of the roll as you pull it off and “under” meaning that the paper dispenses from the back or bottom of the roll.

I suppose this type of question – in one form or another – has always been a topic of discussion. A century ago the controversy in the outhouse may have been, Should you tear the pages from the front or from the back of the Sears catalog for proper etiquette?

My college roommate was the one that corrected me in the error of my ways. He assured me that all of the sophisticated hotels put the roll on the dispenser so that the paper would dispense from the “top”.

So, to keep peace in the apartment, that’s how we did it.

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. In my carefree bachelor days — when I really didn’t know there was a difference or that it really mattered how the roll of toilet paper was dispensed — I wasn’t occupied with presentation, but more concerned with the end results (no pun intended).

2 comments:

Megs said...

I'm a top kind of gal

Mackenzie Sue said...

I'll be honest I don't really care which way it is as long as there is toilet paper there for me to use.

Related Posts with Thumbnails