It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My brain…she is empty

 
The older I get, I'm finding it easier and easier to relate to a phrase that we taught the Spanish kids (English as a second language?) as they would follow us around while we were tracting — My brain, she is empty.
(To get the full effect, you have to say it with a Spanish accent. My brain, eshee es M-T.)

Sometimes, I think that life would be so much easier to simply respond to the question being asked, My brain, eshee es M-T. As cs (arnett not Lewis) put it, I suppose that could be past quirky and bordering on weird, but definitely not eccentric.

Two things that my mother taught me. Never speak with your mouth full and never speak with your brain empty.

Note to cs arnetto: There is more than one philosopher under this roof!

On another note, I read a Dilbert™ cartoon that brought significant meaning (if not to me, then it should to my kids):

1st panel: Dilbert's in bed and Dogbert tells him, "Wake up and trudge to work!"

2nd panel: Dogbert to Dilbert: "Earn money so I can leave on the lights in every room."

3rd panel: Dogbert again: "Your shower is ready. I turned it on last night."
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it feels like to have the lights on all night long my dad ALWAYS made me turn them off as soon as I Left the room, so I wouldn't waste power.

Related Posts with Thumbnails