It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Better than the Hampton


A few years back, cs and I went to Cedar City to see a play and stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was the best mattress I have ever slept on. I was out like a light in spite of all the high school thespians running up and down the halls celebrating their Thesbianfest — but that's another story for another time.

Many times since I have thought, Why didn't I pull back the sheets and look and see what brand/type of mattress it was.

Each time we have passed through Cedar City, I have told cs that we need to stop at the Hampton and inquire about their mattresses.

Well, thanks to Woot.com I have remedied the situation. I am now the proud owner of a Sarah Peyton Queen Size Memory Foam Mattress. When I got home from work, there was a large rolled up package in a tarp on my porch leaning on the door frame. It looked like a large over-sized rolled up sleeping bag.

I got cs to help me pull the old spring mattress off of the bed and then I lugged the "sleeping bag" onto the bed frame. cs wanted to know how in the world do you think this is going to fill your bed? Women have no sense of "spatial reasoning".

It reminded me of a time early in our marriage. We had a waterbed mattress. We were getting ready to move. cs wanted to know if I needed her to get her brothers to help move the water mattress.

ld: What do you mean?

cs: Well, how are you going to get it out of here? Don't you need help to carry it down the stairs? Or are you going to open the window, take out the screen, and throw it out?

ld: Well, first, I think that I'll get a garden hose, hook it up to the mattress, drain all of the water out, unhook the hose, and fold up the mattress. Do you think they can handle it that way or would it be easier to carry if I put it in a box? (Needless to say, I was sleeping in the dog house for awhile, instead of on a mattress.)

Back to my memory foam mattress.

I carefully cut the wrapping off and voilĂ ! There it was: the mattress filling the bed. The instructions state that it will take up to 72 hours for the whole rising thing to finish.

72 hours or not, I can already tell this is going to be better than the Hampton — perfection.

4 comments:

Mackenzie Sue said...

What a fine mattress it is. I used it today and it was wonderful.

lacy lee said...

Hey, we got a mac! I'm coming over for a tutorial before you leave for Cedar City Thespian Fest (jealous). what if I dropped by tonight...?

BGomer said...

Man where were you when I tried to move my waterbed?? I didn't even think to drain it, I mean I can't drain any other mattress why a waterbed mattress?? Needless to say it was a big job.

ld said...

Lucy, I'm glad that you finally saw the light. You can come over, but cs is at a RS sisterhood meeting tonight.

BGomer, it would have been less unwieldy if you had first frozen the mattress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails