It's been:


since cs saved ld from his lonely existence!
*** See my latest George count. Click below ***
(ld)2's George Adventures

*** Utah, Illinois, California, Nevada, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Wyoming, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Montana, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, Kentucky, Hawaii, Indiana, Nebraska, District of Columbia, Vermont, Minnesota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota hit! Forty-one states, DC, Canada, Bahamas, and counting. And now, China! Click above ***

Sunday, July 19, 2009

One small step


Walter Cronkite died a couple of days ago and tomorrow we celebrate man's walk on the moon. I mention these two things because 40 years years ago — July 20, 1969 @ 2:18 a.m. (to be exact) my eyes were glued to our old black and white TV as I watched and listened to Walter Cronkite tell us that the first man was about to walk on the moon.

You can view (not Michael Jackson's) but the ORIGINAL moonwalk from NASA here. The reception is about as good as it was on our old black & white.

I remember ol' Walter shedding a tear or two as he reported on the occurrence.



I was pretty excited myself. I remember thinking that early morning, Someday, I'm going to be able to tell my kids that I watched the first man walk on the moon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails